La Paz, January 20 (RHC-teleSUR) -- Pope Francis has announced that he plans to visit Bolivia, Paraguay and Ecuador. The world religious leader will begin his South American tour in July. Francis ended his five day tour of the Philippines this week.
During a press conference in La Paz, Bolivian President Evo Morales confirmed that the pope will visit Bolivia after visiting Paraguay. After his stay in Bolivia, Pope Francis will head to Ecuador.
The Bolivian president said: “They’ve communicated to us that it’s going to start in Paraguay. I still don’t have any information about how many days he’ll spend here, but I have to start to prepare for the pope’s visit.”
At the private meeting held at The Vatican in late October between Evo Morales and Pope Francis, the Catholic leader expressed his interest in visiting Bolivia during 2015.
The only pope to visit Bolivia was John Paul II in 1988.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 2746
- online: 215
- total: 4085469