Ottawa, October 20 (RHC)-- Canadian voters have unseated right-wing Prime Minister Stephen Harper after nearly a decade in office. In a surprise result following the closest election campaign in recent history, the centrist Liberals jumped from third place to a parliamentary majority.
Liberal leader Justin Trudeau -- the son of late Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau -- becomes Canada’s second-youngest prime minister. He told reporters Monday night: "Canadians have spoken. You want a government with a vision and with an agenda for this country that is positive and ambitious and hopeful. Well, my friends, I promise you tonight that I will lead that government and make that vision a reality."
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 16
- Puerto Rico: the struggle for independence continues
- 35th Jazz Plaza Festival well-underway, both in Havana and Santiago de Cuba
- Imperialism and Revolution Episode #22
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 15
- Ricardo Alarcón: Recent anti-Cuba measures by the Trump Administration reflect complete failure of Washington's Cuba policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11605
- today: 6108
- online: 331
- total: 6993884