Ottawa, October 20 (RHC)-- Canadian voters have unseated right-wing Prime Minister Stephen Harper after nearly a decade in office. In a surprise result following the closest election campaign in recent history, the centrist Liberals jumped from third place to a parliamentary majority.
Liberal leader Justin Trudeau -- the son of late Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau -- becomes Canada’s second-youngest prime minister. He told reporters Monday night: "Canadians have spoken. You want a government with a vision and with an agenda for this country that is positive and ambitious and hopeful. Well, my friends, I promise you tonight that I will lead that government and make that vision a reality."
- RHC's national and international news stories August 24
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 24
- RHC's national and international news stories August 23
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 23
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 23
- RHC's national and international news stories August 22
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3070
- today: 908
- online: 128
- total: 6286186