Havana, February 25 (RHC)-- In El Salvador, 4,000 patients have benefited from the Operation Miracle free eye-surgery program, since the opening of the first specialized center attached to the program a little over eight months ago.
A Cuban team made up of twelve specialists is currently offering its services at the facility, located at the Santa Gertrudis Hospital, in the department of San Vicente.
Operation Miracle was first established in 2004 by Fidel Castro of Cuba and Hugo Chavez of Venezuela. The program was later expanded to benefit low-income patients needing the surgical treatment in other countries. In roughly twelve years, Operation Miracle has restored or improved the eye-sight of millions of patients in Latin America, the Caribbean and beyond.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 1355
- online: 205
- total: 4101551