Havana, August 23 (RHC/PL)-- President Raul Castro congratulated members of the National Association of Cuban Writers and Artists, the UNEAC, on occasion of the 55th anniversary of the organization on Monday.
In his message, the Cuban president celebrated the work of UNEAC since its inception in 1961 and the accomplishments of its members.
Established early after the victory of the Cuban Revolution, and headed by Cuban National Poet Nicolás Guillén, the National Association of Writers and Artists has been key in the promotion of Cuban culture and identity.
Amid all the attention that was paid then to national defense, writes Raul Castro in his message, never was the strategic task of culture and education neglected, leading to the Cuban literacy campaign in 1961, which the Cuban president defined as 'the most important cultural event in our history.'
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 2034
- online: 169
- total: 6143185