Havana, February 26 (RHC) Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro and President Raul Castro head the list of delegates to the 8th Congress of the Association of Cuban Artists and Writers (UNEAC), to take place April 11 and 13 in Havana.
During the closing of sessions prior to the Congress, the president of the event’s organizing committee, poet Miguel Barnet, propose Fidel and Raul as delegates to the Congress, a proposal that had been reiterated in different meetings of the association during the preparatory process.
The plenary session, held at the Agrarian University in the town of San Jose de las Lajas, south of Havana, ratified and approved the proposal expressed by the members of the association of artists and writers.
Participants at the forum release the results of their considerations about the linkage among culture, education and society, the role of mass media as well as the relationship among arts, cultural markets and industries and the city, aspects that will enrich discussions at the upcoming congress.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Alberto Fernandez travels to presidential inauguration ceremony in Colombia
- Decathlonist Sanchez satisfied in the Under-20 World Athletics Championships
- Explosion and fire reported in a fuel tank in Cuba
- Mexico and Bolivia promote alliance for lithium production
- Political Song Jornada begins in Guantanamo