Havana, February 26 (RHC) Cuban Revolution leader Fidel Castro and President Raul Castro head the list of delegates to the 8th Congress of the Association of Cuban Artists and Writers (UNEAC), to take place April 11 and 13 in Havana.
During the closing of sessions prior to the Congress, the president of the event’s organizing committee, poet Miguel Barnet, propose Fidel and Raul as delegates to the Congress, a proposal that had been reiterated in different meetings of the association during the preparatory process.
The plenary session, held at the Agrarian University in the town of San Jose de las Lajas, south of Havana, ratified and approved the proposal expressed by the members of the association of artists and writers.
Participants at the forum release the results of their considerations about the linkage among culture, education and society, the role of mass media as well as the relationship among arts, cultural markets and industries and the city, aspects that will enrich discussions at the upcoming congress.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- North Africa COVID cases plummeting after summer spike
- Venezuela accuses U.S. of attacking Banco de Venezuela
- Vietnamese President will pay tribute to historic leader of Cuban Revolution
- Diaz-Canel: A revitalized and democratized UN should play a leading role in addressing the world's multiple crises
- Cuban president addresses United Nations Food System Summit