Havana, September 7 (RHC)-- Vice President Miguel Díaz-Canel met Thursday with a Japanese delegation headed by Natsuo Yamaguchi, President of the Komeito Party, who are visiting Cuba on the invitation of the Communist Party of Cuba (PCC).
During the meeting, which took place in a fraternal atmosphere, the two sides reaffirmed the interest of both countries in strengthening the ties which unite the peoples of Cuba and Japan, as well as in expanding political, economic and cooperative relations.
During the meeting, the president of the Komeito Party conveyed messages sent by Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to Revolution leader Fidel Castro and President Raúl Castro.
The distinguished visitor and his delegation toured sites of scientific and economic interest, and met also with Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez, Vice President Ricardo Cabrisas and with other senior officials of the PCC Central Committee.
The Komeito Party forms part of the government coalition led by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
- President Raul Castro Congratulates Nicolas Maduro on PSUV´s Electoral Victory
- Council Members of the U.S. Cities of Tampa and St Petersburg Attend Business Forum in Cuba
- Confusion Prevails in Catalonia
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- World Food Program Praises Cuba's Record in Face of Natural Disasters
- Sochi Hosts World's Biggest Youth Event
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4823
- today: 303
- online: 223
- total: 3834273