Havana, November 24 (RHC)-- Cuba and South Africa signed an agreement to strengthen cooperation in basic education. It provides for sharing Cuba's experiences in the field, particularly the teaching of mathematics and sciences, toward improving the African country's public education system.
The new agreement adds to already existing bilateral accords in sectors like health, hydraulic resources, human settlement and the training of young South African professionals in Cuban colleges.
The agreement in the field of pre-tertiary education was in the framework of activities to celebrate 20 years of bilateral cooperation, which began with the arrival in South Africa of the first Cuban medical brigade in February 1996.
There are currently more than 600 Cuban professionals offering their services in South Africa, 424 of them in the health sector.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 4, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 04, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6525
- today: 5889
- online: 231
- total: 8091017