Barcelona, November 25 (RHC/cna)-- Catalonia's Minister for Business and Knowledge, Jordi Baiget, and the director of the Cuban Center for Foreign Trade Promotion, Roberto Verrier, signed in Havana on Thursday an agreement aimed at strengthening trade relations.
The accord, in the form of a memorandum of understanding, says Cuba will provide Catalonia with information on investment opportunities and will further Catalan investment on the island.
Minister Baiget described the agreement as “important” noting that it creates “direct capacity for dialogue” with Cuban foreign investment authorities. Baiget traveled to Cuba accompanied by Catalonia's Minister for Planning and Sustainability, Josep Rull, and representatives from 50 Catalonian companies.
The Catalonian trade mission to Cuba was organized by the Port of Barcelona and by Acció, Catalonia's public competitiveness and international outreach agency. Data provided by Acció say 1,032 Catalonian companies currently export products to Cuba, accounting for 30 percent of Spain's total sales to Cuba.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 4421
- online: 173
- total: 3861282