Havana, October 30 (RHC)-- Cuba's First Vice President Miguel Díaz-Canel met Monday in Havana with the Honorable Suresh Prabhu, Minister of Commerce and Industry of India, who is here leading a large delegation of businesspeople participating in the 35th edition of the Havana International Trade Fair (FIHAV 2017).
Díaz-Canel thanked Minister Prabhu for the donation of medicines, tractors and other agricultural equipment from the Indian government, as contribution to recovery efforts from damage caused by Hurricane Irma last September.
During the exchange, the two sides addressed the existing potential for broadened and expanded bilateral economic, commercial and financial relations, based on the historical ties between both nations and peoples.
Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment, Rodrigo Malmierca Díaz, also participated on the Cuban side, while Indian Ambassador to Cuba, Tsewang Namgyal, and other members of the official delegation accompanied Minister Prabhu.
The Indian Minister’s agenda in the country includes meetings with also Vice President Ricardo Cabrisas Ruiz and other Cuban officials.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4802
- today: 1137
- online: 192
- total: 6657004