New York, November 10 (RHC/Prensa Latina)-- Cuba has demanded that the United Nations immediately implement measures aimed at bringing an end to the violations and abuses suffered by Palestinians as a result of half a century of occupation and aggression by Israel.
The call was made by Cuban representative Ana Silvia Rodriguez during a debate at the Fourth Committee of the UN General Assembly.
"The Palestinian people continue to suffer profoundly, for more than 50 years of illegal foreign occupation and illegal Israeli policies and practices in grave violation of international law, including humanitarian law and human rights," the Cuban diplomat stated.
Ana Silvia Rodriguez urged the Security Council to act on behalf of Cuba to stop these crimes and demanded an end of the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip. She described as regrettable that the Security Council, the body in charge of maintaining international peace and security, has not been able to bring to an end ends Israel's aggression and colonizing practices.
Rodriguez wrapped up her statements by affirming that Cuba supports a two-state solution for Israel's occupation of Palestine.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3208
- today: 2227
- online: 161
- total: 5429646