Havana, November 18 (RHC)-- Media outlets in Havana today highlighted the meeting of Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez with Syrian Ambassador Idris Mayya, in which the head of the Cuban diplomacy renewed the island's support for the Syrian people's fight against terrorism.
The Cuban foreign minister pointed to the achievements and victories of the Syrian Army in the fight against extremist groups and called for respect for the right of Syrians to decide their own future, free from any external interference.
Syrian Ambassador Idris Mayya denounced what he termed the continued destruction of infrastructure and the massacring of civilians during operations by US military forces and those of so-called International Coalition in his country. He said the Syrian government and army were firmly determined to persecute terrorists wherever they may seek to hide in Syrian territory.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 2852
- online: 150
- total: 6648893