Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermudez delivers his first address as President of Cuba. April 19, 2018.
Havana, April 20 (RHC)-- China´s president China, Xi Jinping, has congratulated Miguel Diaz Canel on his election and reaffirmed the friendship ties of his country with Cuba.
In a message Xi also congratulated Raul Castro who remains the first secretary of the Central Committee of the ruling Communist Party of Cuba.
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said Friday that Chinese Premier Li Keqiang also sent a congratulatory message to Diaz-Canel.
"Chinese leaders spoke highly of the mutual political trust between China and Cuba, and said they were ready to work with Cuban leaders to jointly expand and deepen bilateral cooperation, and achieve new accomplishments that can honor the China-Cuba friendship in a new era," Hua said.
Other world leaders, political figures and organizations of several countries have sent congratulations to Diaz Canel, among them Russian president Vladimir Putin; Venezuela´s Nicolás Maduro; and Evo Morales from Bolivia.
The presidents of Mexico and Panama, Enrique Peña Nieto, and Juan Carlos Varela, respectively, congratulated Miguel Diaz-Canel through their twitter accounts.
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.20
- Cuban diplomat unmasks US agents before EU Parliament
- Imperialism and Revolution Episode #27
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8346
- today: 7700
- online: 202
- total: 7328252