Havana, May 31 (RHC) After concluding next Saturday’s extraordinary session of the National Assembly of People's Power, Cuban deputies will meet on Sunday and Monday at the Cuban Capital’s Convention Center as part of their preparation for the best performance of their roles.
The newly elected lawmakers will be briefed on legislative procedures and particularly, on the constitutional reform that is scheduled to take place during their term. They will also hear about the powers and functioning of the National Assembly, the Council of State and the Permanent Working Committees.
On Monday, the deputies, grouped in the committees to which they will be assigned, will consider the results of the work in the previous term and the directives for the period 2018-2023.
Saturday’s extraordinary session will approve the membership of the parliament's permanent committees, an analysis of the local government experiment that is being conducted in the provinces of Artemisa and Mayabeque, and the approval of the Constitutional reform process and of the commission that will draft the country’s new Magna Carta.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 6, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 06, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 05, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 4, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 04, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5174
- today: 5425
- online: 186
- total: 8276256