Cuban lawmakers debated the draft constitution on Friday. PL Photo
Havana, July 21 (RHC)— The presentation of the new Council of Ministers, the assessment of budget performance and the discussion of the draft of the new constitution make up the agenda of the first ordinary session of the 9th Legislature of the National Assembly of Peoples Power taking place this Saturday at Havana´s Convention Center.
Cuban President Miguel Diaz Canel will submit to the approval of the 605 deputies his proposals of vice presidents and members of the Council of Ministers, the island´s top executive body.
The debate of the draft constitution has been preceded by three days of debates in which lawmakers, grouped by their respective working committees, devoted two days to study the text individually, and another day to submit queries on the proposed changes and exchange with members of the Commission that drafted the new text.
Once the draft constitution is approved by the lawmakers, the process of the approval of the island´s new Constitution include a popular consultation with people from all walks of life, and then the text will be submitted to a referendum for its final approval.
The proposed Magna Carta includes a preamble, 224 articles, divided into 11 titles, 24 chapters and 16 sections, and maintains the political foundations of the socialist and revolutionary state.
- RHC's program 'Connecting the Dots'
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba condemns U.S. blockade at UN Human Rights Council
- Frei Betto affirms Cuba is the only country in the region that guarantees its population the rights to food, health, education
- Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Cuban diplomat calls New Constitution a paradigm guaranteeing full enjoyment of all human rights by all Cubans
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8873
- today: 1811
- online: 176
- total: 7383254