Havana, October 16 (RHC)-- Representatives from more than 60 countries have confirmed their attendance at the 36th International Trade Fair of Havana, scheduled from October 29th to November 2nd.
At a news conference in the Cuban capital, the Minister of Foreign Trade and Investment, Rodrigo Malmierca, pointed out that Cuba's most important commercial fair will take place at a time when economic relations with the United States are in a difficult situation, particularly the blockade and measures taken by the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump.
Malmierca emphasized that Cuba is open to trade with all countries of the world and noted that, despite Washington's commercial, economic and financial blockade of the island, the global business community continues to respond to Havana's international trade fair.
The Cuban minister of foreign trade and investment said that a significant group of U.S. businesses would attend the fair, including representatives of the newly-created U.S.-Cuba biotechnological company -- Innovative Immunotherapy Alliance S.A. -- which is based in Mariel Special Development Zone.
This new joint venture was recently established between the commercial branches of two renowned research centers, the Cuban Center for Molecular Immunology and Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center in the United States.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 1269
- online: 123
- total: 5648349