Havana, November 17 (RHC)-- The National Assembly of People's Power has categorically rejected a resolution adopted by the European Parliament on the human rights situation in the Caribbean state.
An official statement issued by the Cuban legislative body terms the EU document as unacceptable and contrary to the principles of mutual respect, equality and reciprocity contained in the Political Dialogue and Cooperation Agreement signed between the EU and Cuba in 2016, and which entered into force provisionally in 2017.
The Cuban parliament insisted that the EU resolution amounts to foreign interference and runs contrary to principles enshrined in the UN Charter and International Law. It further said that unlike the EU, in Cuba all human rights are promoted, guaranteed and respected.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4940
- today: 4125
- online: 214
- total: 6738358