Havana, November 17 (RHC)-- The National Assembly of People's Power has categorically rejected a resolution adopted by the European Parliament on the human rights situation in the Caribbean state.
An official statement issued by the Cuban legislative body terms the EU document as unacceptable and contrary to the principles of mutual respect, equality and reciprocity contained in the Political Dialogue and Cooperation Agreement signed between the EU and Cuba in 2016, and which entered into force provisionally in 2017.
The Cuban parliament insisted that the EU resolution amounts to foreign interference and runs contrary to principles enshrined in the UN Charter and International Law. It further said that unlike the EU, in Cuba all human rights are promoted, guaranteed and respected.
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 03, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing update for July 2, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for July 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 30, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 29, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5747
- today: 5193
- online: 214
- total: 8259570