Havana, May 21 (RHC)-- African ambassadors accredited in Cuba met with the speaker of the island´s Parliament, Esteban Lazo Hernandez on the occasion of Africa Day.
Speaking with the diplomats, Lazo Hernandez said that there has not been a single just cause in Africa that has not had the support of the Cuban people.
He added that preserving excellent relations with African sister nations remains a priority of the Cuba´s foreign Policy, and that the current relations with African countries, based on firm principled positions, have resulted in close ties of solidarity and cooperation.
The head of the African Union diplomatic corps accredited in Cuba, Guinea Bissau´s Ambassador Abel Coelho de Mendoza, said that the past and future of Africa and Cuba are intertwined.
“The history of Africa was written with blood from our Cuban brothers and sisters. Cuba is part of the development of Africa,” Coelho said.
The diplomat reiterated the African Union solidarity with Cuba and its rejection of the US economic blockade.
It is estimated that at present some 4000 Cubans are working in 28 nations of Sub Saharan Africa, and over 30000 students from African nations have graduated in Cuban universities.
Africa Day is celebrated every May 25th. It marks the foundation of the Organization of African Unity (OAU) on that date of 1963.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 788
- online: 137
- total: 6618885