Havana, May 21 (RHC)-- The 18th Political Council of the Bolivarian Alliance for the Peoples of Our America – People´s Trade Agreement (ALBA-TCP) is being held this Tuesday in the Cuban capital.
The threats to regional peace and security and solidarity and defense of the Bolivarian Revolution in Venezuela are among the main topics of the meeting of representatives of the countries that make up this Latin American and Caribbean integration mechanism, Prensa Latina reports.
The meeting is also exploring new opportunities for integration and reaffirm the commitment of unity, cooperation and solidarity among member nations.
The Political Council is made up of the ministers of foreign affairs of each member country, and its goal is to advise the mechanism Presidential Council about strategic issues and present it with proposals for international policy issues.
Bolivia, Cuba, Dominica, Granada, Nicaragua, St. Christopher and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname and Venezuela are current members of ALBA-TCP, a block which defends the Proclamation of Latin America and the Caribbean as a zone of peace, adopted by the summit of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) held in January 2014 in Havana.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 27, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 27 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 26, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 26 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 25 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 25, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6682
- today: 3573
- online: 261
- total: 8037113