Bridgetown, June 17 (RHC)—Cuba´s foreign minister Bruno Rodriguez Parilla has arrived in Barbados, the last leg of a Caribbean tour that also included Trinidad-Tobago, St. Lucia and Guyana, where he attended the 6th CARICOM-Cuba Ministerial Conference.
Upon his arrival Rodriguez described Cuba´s bilateral relations with Barbados as “very positive and of deep friendship.”
He also visited on Monday the memorial to the victims of the Cubana flight 455 that was blown in midair on October 6, 1976 off the coast of Barbados.
“I paid tribute to the victims of that terrorist action which claimed the lives of 73 innocent people. The barbarism and injustice still hurt,” he said.
The Cuban Foreign Minister will conclude his official visit to Barbados on Tuesday.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4802
- today: 855
- online: 185
- total: 6656722