Havana, Apr 7 (RHC), – The Hermanos Saíz Association that gathers the vanguard of young Cuban writers and artists on Sunday issued a communique rejecting recent attempts by the government of the United States to destabilize the Cuban government through political manipulation of the island's younger generations.
In its special statement, the organization requests all of its members to denounce, by all means available, this new interference of the United States against the Cuban Revolution.
“The hopes of the Empire for an alleged generational fissure are totally unfounded. We will not betray those who gave their lives for sovereignty, justice and true democracy,” the document states.
“Our generation, demonstrated in the recent congress of the Hermanos Saíz Association that it is, in essence, anti-colonial and anti-imperialist.”
“We, young Cuban artists, are committed to guarantee the continuity and improvement of our Socialism and will not permit any manipulation whatsoever,” the organization stressed, adding that “all methods of cultural warfare exercised against us will fail.”
Last Thursday, AP news agency revealed the existence, between 2009 and 2012, of the Zunzuneo project prepared in the laboratories of ideological subversion of the U.S. and promoted by the US Agency for International Development (USAID). Its purpose was to create a network directed to Cuban youths to spur them into dissent from their government.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4132
- today: 678
- online: 236
- total: 6743757