Díaz-Canel receives the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy
Havana, September 9 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel received the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice President of the European Commission, H.E. Ms Federica Mogherini on Monday, on the occasion of her official visit to the Caribbean island.
In a cordial atmosphere, they discussed the meeting of the second Joint Council between Cuba and the European Union and the implementation of the Political Dialogue and Cooperation Agreement.
They also exchanged views on the good status of bilateral relations and on the tightening of the US blockade against Cuba and its extraterritorial effects. They also addressed other issues on the international agenda.
The distinguished visitor was accompanied by the European Union ambassador in Cuba, Alberto Navarro; the head of the High Representative's Cabinet, Stefano Grassi; and the director for the Americas, Edita Hrda.
On the Cuban side, Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriquez, the Director General of Bilateral Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Emilio Lozada García, and the Cuban Ambassador to the European Union, Norma Goicochea Estenoz, were present.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4940
- today: 2471
- online: 200
- total: 6736704