Havana, September 24 (RHC)-- Cuba’s foreign minister Bruno Rodriguez Parrilla strongly rejected the slanders pronounced by Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro during his remarks to the High Level Segment of the General Assembly of the United Nations.
After boasting that he is saving his country from socialism, he criticized the medical assistance provided by the Caribbean island to Brazil under the More Doctors program, arguing that they were underqualified and that they were subjected to slave labor. He also misrepresented regional realities and voiced his admiration for US president Donald Trump.
“I vigorously reject Bolsonaro's slander about Cuba and its international medical cooperation. He is delirious and yearns for the times of the military dictatorship. He should deal with corruption in his justice system, government and family. He is the leader of the increase in inequality in Brazil,” wrote the Cuban top diplomat on Twitter.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 11072
- today: 3114
- online: 223
- total: 7055716