Havana, July 5 (RHC) –- The 8th Legislature of the National Assembly of People’s Power (Cuban Parliament) held Saturday its third ordinary period of sessions at Havana’s Convention Center, with the presence of Cuban President Raul Castro.
Cuban deputies debated issues related to the country's economic performance during the first half of this year, projections for 2015, and implementation of the economic and social guidelines approved by the 6th Congress of the Cuban Communist Party.
During the current parliamentary session, the General Comptroller's Office submitted a report on its work results.
Prior to Saturday's plenary session, all ten permanent work commissions of the Cuban parliament met July 2nd and 3rd to debate reports submitted by different ministries and government institutions.
Cuban deputies also reviewed compliance with the state budget for 2013, and discussed measures to confront social indiscipline and corruption.
Also on Friday, Cuban Minister of Agriculture Gustavo Rodríguez set forth the strategies and prospects for the sector's sustainable development.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3540
- today: 1641
- online: 158
- total: 5754015