Havana, October 7 (RHC) -- Several activities will take place tomorrow, Wednesday, October 8th, in the central Cuban province of Villa Clara to honor world-renowned revolutionary Ernesto Che Guevara on the occasion of the 47th anniversary of his death in combat in Bolivia.
In the early morning, a group of youngsters will deposit a floral wreath at the Mausoleum that treasures the remains of the Heroic Guerrilla and his companions, while later in the afternoon thousands of students will perform a traditional commemorative rally called “La Ruta del Che.”
Documentary screeenings are also scheduled as part of the homage. These will deal with the life of Che Guevara and his revolutionary legacy.
With these actions, Cuba joins international commemorations for the date. Media in Buenos Aires report that Argentinian President Cristina Fernandez sent a plaque to Bolivia honoring Che Guevara, who was born in Argentina in 1928.
The plaque will be placed at a memorial in the town of Valle Grande, where he was buried after his assassination on October 8, 1967.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 2504
- online: 126
- total: 5649584