Havana, January 15 (RHC) -– Religious leaders gathered in a joint initiative known as the Cuban Inter-religious Platform have called an International Meeting for inter-religious dialog and world peace in Havana from October 16th to the 18th.
During a press conference on Wednesday, platform coordinator, Rev. Oden Marichal, said the event will reaffirm the vocation of its groups for peace and their commitment to building a world of peace, harmony and reconciliation for society.
For all religions, peace is also incalculable, said the reverend and rejected the use of religious ideas as a pretext to carry out terrorist acts and unleash wars.
The forum is expected to gather nearly 1,500 people, out of whom nearly 1000 will come from other nations of the world.
Reverend Marichal recalled that the Inter-religious Platform was set up on September 12, 2011 to work for the family reunification of the five Cuban anti-terrorist fighters who were held for 16 years in U.S. prisons. At present, the group advocates the strengthening of unity of all Cuban families.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 4143
- online: 146
- total: 3861004