Havana, September 20 (RHC)-- Pope Francis visited with the leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, on Sunday, following his Mass delivered in Havana.
Vatican spokesperson Federico Lombardi confirmed that Pope Francis visited with Fidel Castro for 40 minutes, during which they discussed the international situation as well as issues involving the environment.
Lombardi said that during their visit, the Bishop of Rome gave the Cuban leader a gift consisting of a collection of texts on theological themes. And Fidel presented Pope Francis with a personally autographed book by Brazilian theologian Frei Betto entitled "Fidel and Religion."
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3316
- today: 3208
- online: 116
- total: 5446138