Havana, September 20 (RHC)-- Pope Francis visited with the leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, on Sunday, following his Mass delivered in Havana.
Vatican spokesperson Federico Lombardi confirmed that Pope Francis visited with Fidel Castro for 40 minutes, during which they discussed the international situation as well as issues involving the environment.
Lombardi said that during their visit, the Bishop of Rome gave the Cuban leader a gift consisting of a collection of texts on theological themes. And Fidel presented Pope Francis with a personally autographed book by Brazilian theologian Frei Betto entitled "Fidel and Religion."
- Cuban president calls for sensitivity in facing damage from Hurricane Michael
- Fidel Castro: Our enemies' hatred grows as our Revolution strengthens
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Good news from Guatemala
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel says 150 years later Cuban Revolution is the same and so are its challenges
- Cuba: The Revolution that began 150 years ago lives on today
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3898
- today: 2336
- online: 144
- total: 5240768