Stockholm, October 12 (RHC)-- Cubans residing in Europe have called on the U.S. Congress to lift the economic, commercial and financial blockade that Washington has maintained against their nation for over 50 years.
At the end of a meeting in Stockholm, Sweden, the Cuban community in Europe issued a declaration demanding the withdrawal of all legislation and regulations that hinder the lifting of the U.S. siege against Cuba and gave their support to the advancement of the normalization of relations between Washington and Havana.
In their declaration, the Cubans residents in Europe agreed that all their organizations in the continent will ask foreign ministers in their respective countries to make statements demanding the lifting of the U.S. blockade along with their positive vote to the Cuban resolution at the UN General Assembly later this month. They also demanded that the so-called European 'Common Position' on Cuba be withdrawn immediately and unconditionally.
A total of 100 Cubans residing in Europe took part in the 10th Regional Meeting. The 11th gathering will take place in 2016 in Lisbon, Portugal.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4099
- today: 2488
- online: 130
- total: 4488340