Santiago de Chile, October 19 (RHC)-- Anti-terrorist and Hero of the Republic of Cuba Fernando González paid homage Sunday to Salvador Allende, to all those killed or forcibly disappeared by the dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet and to Chilean internationalists killed in combat.
Fernando González, one of the Cuban Five, placed a floral wreath at the Mausoleum built in honor of Salvador Allende in the General de Recoleta Cemetery, in Santiago de Chile.
In statements to reporters, the Cuban hero said it was an honor for him to visit Chile and pay homage to Allende, who was a great friend of Cuba and of Revolution leader Fidel Castro.
The Cuban anti-terrorist fighter also paid homage to Gladys Marín, former leader of the Chilean Communist Party.
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3210
- today: 1833
- online: 180
- total: 5942337