Santiago de Chile, October 19 (RHC)-- Anti-terrorist and Hero of the Republic of Cuba Fernando González paid homage Sunday to Salvador Allende, to all those killed or forcibly disappeared by the dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet and to Chilean internationalists killed in combat.
Fernando González, one of the Cuban Five, placed a floral wreath at the Mausoleum built in honor of Salvador Allende in the General de Recoleta Cemetery, in Santiago de Chile.
In statements to reporters, the Cuban hero said it was an honor for him to visit Chile and pay homage to Allende, who was a great friend of Cuba and of Revolution leader Fidel Castro.
The Cuban anti-terrorist fighter also paid homage to Gladys Marín, former leader of the Chilean Communist Party.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 2914
- online: 238
- total: 6763984