Paris, November 19 (RHC)-- Cuba has been elected a member of the World Heritage Committee of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
The committee reviews the state of conservation of World Heritage Sites globally and also decides whether or not to inscribe new sites on UNESCO's World Heritage list.
Elected by a vote of 128 in favor, Cuba's term of office as one of the committee's 21 members runs for four years, through 2019. The vote was in the framework of the 20th General Assembly of State Parties to the World Heritage Convention, which runs through Friday in Paris.
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3219
- today: 2323
- online: 126
- total: 4603443