Madrid, January 21 (RHC)-- Hero of the Republic of Cuba Gerardo Hernández has thanked the Spanish people for their support of and solidarity with the cause of the Cuban Five.
At a ceremony held Wednesday in the Cuban embassy in Madrid with representatives of solidarity groups and Cuban residents, Gerardo said visiting Spain, where he has family ties, was a great honor for him. He recalled that his mother was born on the Canary Islands, where she lived a number of years before finally settling in Cuba.
Regarding his next work commitment, the Cuban hero said he is willing and ready to serve Cuba and his people, wherever it is necessary.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 1804
- online: 119
- total: 5955410