Madrid, January 21 (RHC)-- Hero of the Republic of Cuba Gerardo Hernández has thanked the Spanish people for their support of and solidarity with the cause of the Cuban Five.
At a ceremony held Wednesday in the Cuban embassy in Madrid with representatives of solidarity groups and Cuban residents, Gerardo said visiting Spain, where he has family ties, was a great honor for him. He recalled that his mother was born on the Canary Islands, where she lived a number of years before finally settling in Cuba.
Regarding his next work commitment, the Cuban hero said he is willing and ready to serve Cuba and his people, wherever it is necessary.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4748
- today: 4699
- online: 140
- total: 6770517