Havana, March 3 (RHC)-- Carissa Etienne, Director of the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) has praised Cuba's national campaign against the Zika virus and its main vector –the aedes aegypty mosquito. She commended particularly the strict surveillance measures adopted by Cuban authorities and the active participation of the population in communities across the country.
On Wednesday, the PAHO official participated in a meeting here in Havana to assess the results of the campaign thus far. Participants included authorities of the Cuban Health Ministry, the Revolutionary Armed Forces, Civil Defense Officials and leaders of social and grassroots organizations.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3450
- today: 1719
- online: 166
- total: 5757543