Havana, March 3 (RHC)-- Carissa Etienne, Director of the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) has praised Cuba's national campaign against the Zika virus and its main vector –the aedes aegypty mosquito. She commended particularly the strict surveillance measures adopted by Cuban authorities and the active participation of the population in communities across the country.
On Wednesday, the PAHO official participated in a meeting here in Havana to assess the results of the campaign thus far. Participants included authorities of the Cuban Health Ministry, the Revolutionary Armed Forces, Civil Defense Officials and leaders of social and grassroots organizations.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2823
- today: 3084
- online: 132
- total: 5417144