Havana, March 3 (RHC)-- Carissa Etienne, Director of the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) has praised Cuba's national campaign against the Zika virus and its main vector –the aedes aegypty mosquito. She commended particularly the strict surveillance measures adopted by Cuban authorities and the active participation of the population in communities across the country.
On Wednesday, the PAHO official participated in a meeting here in Havana to assess the results of the campaign thus far. Participants included authorities of the Cuban Health Ministry, the Revolutionary Armed Forces, Civil Defense Officials and leaders of social and grassroots organizations.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4363
- today: 3551
- online: 227
- total: 4095114