Havana, March 3 (RHC)-- Carissa Etienne, Director of the Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) has praised Cuba's national campaign against the Zika virus and its main vector –the aedes aegypty mosquito. She commended particularly the strict surveillance measures adopted by Cuban authorities and the active participation of the population in communities across the country.
On Wednesday, the PAHO official participated in a meeting here in Havana to assess the results of the campaign thus far. Participants included authorities of the Cuban Health Ministry, the Revolutionary Armed Forces, Civil Defense Officials and leaders of social and grassroots organizations.
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel visits Belarus
- RHC's national and international news stories Oct. 23
- Notes on the Revolution / Column 22
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Trump: one thousand days until oblivion
- Cuba and Ireland: two islands in the same sea of struggle and hope
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4634
- today: 437
- online: 124
- total: 6519431