Havana, April 11 (RHC) A regional meeting for solidarity with Cuba was held over the weekend in Argentina, with participants demanding the lifting of Washington's economic, commercial and financial blockade against the Caribbean state.
The event, organized by solidarity groups and Cuba friends across Latin America, was attended by Hero of the Republic of Cuba Ramón Labañino, one of the five Cubans who served long, unfair prison terms in U.S. jails for fighting terrorism.
The meeting's final declaration demands an end to all U.S. terrorist and subversive actions against Cuba, as well as Washington's attempts to interfere in Cuba's internal affairs.
The solidarity activists also demanded the return of the portion of Cuban territory in Guantánamo illegally occupied by the U.S. Naval Base and due compensation for the economic damage that the blockade policy has inflicted on the Cuban economy.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 17
- Havana to host Anti-imperialist Meeting of Solidarity, for Democracy and against Neoliberalism
- RHC's program 'Connecting the dots'
- A pause in the fight over BREXIT
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 16
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3981
- today: 2014
- online: 149
- total: 6374057