Sunday’s concert was dedicated to the important celebration, featuring young pianist Kyriakos Sourollas from Cyprus, his Russian counterpart Alexandre Moutouzkine and the Cuban National Symphony Orchestra, conducted by maestro Enrique Pérez Mesa. Sourollas played the Piano Concert in C Minor No. 24, K.491, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, while the Russian played Concert No. 1 in B Minor, Op. 23, by Piotr Ilich Tchaikovsky.
Young pianists from different countries are meeting and exchanging experiences in the Cuban capital from June 5th through 29th with the sponsorship of Cuban piano teacher Salomón Gadles Mikowski.
Marina Colet14/10/2014 01:56 am
I'm wondering if you have any record of a young pianist named Arturo Marcelin who played the piano on Sundays in Havana over the radio. Also, were there recordings made at that time? I understand he received lessons from a famous composer in the 1930s I believe. Thank you!
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Cuba and Venezuela consolidate their cooperation ties
- 1956 armed uprising in Santiago de Cuba remembered
- Venezuela and Cuba signed seven cooperation agreements in tourism
- International Court of Justice asks Venezuela and Guyana not to aggravate dispute over Essequibo
- Alarming footage shows Israel left premature babies to die alone in Gaza hospital