Caracas, February 3 (RHC)-- Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro denounced on Sunday a provocation by a local right-wing group against the Cuban baseball team that is taking place at the Caribbean Baseball Series.
During a ceremony marking the 15th anniversary of the Venezuelan Revolution, Maduro said that an investigation will be launched into what he called acts which will not be tolerated. He said the Caribbean Series is a sporting event to be enjoyed by all.
Maduro called on the Venezuelan people to repudiate such aggressions and noted that the fascist individuals who organized the action will be severely punished.
The attorney general announced that presentation of six men before a state court in Nueva Esparta, who have been accused of being linked to the aggression launched against the Cuban team.
The action occurred Sunday afternoon at the Venetur Hotel, in Isla Margarita, as a group of individuals tried to violently prevent the Cubans from entering the hotel. Members of the National Bolivarian Guard and the regional police arrested six men when they were throwing objects at the bus that took the baseball players to the hotel.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- Bolivia denounces 36 more involved in 2019 coup against Evo Morales
- Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel speaks at the commemoration of the start of Mexico's war of independence
- North Africa COVID cases plummeting after summer spike
- Boxer Manny Pacquiao to run for president of the Philippines in 2022
- Cuba will seek recognition of its anti-viral vaccines at WHO on Thursday