Cuban singer-songwriter, Silvio Rodríguez, will offer a concert on Sunday, January 19th, in Old Havana’s Saint Francis of Assisi Square to mark the 15th anniversary of Habana Radio station.
The concert is part of a tour of Havana neighborhoods that the musician has taken for three years and is also aimed at celebrating the 55th anniversary of the Cuban Revolution. Guest artists will include singer, Ivette Cepeda, and the band Reflexión.
With more than 20 albums in his 40-year-long career, Rodríguez is currently one of Cuba’s best known musicians on the island and abroad. A founding member of the so called New Song Movement along with Pablo Milanés, Noel Nicola and Vicente Feliú, Rodríguez has shared the stage with renowned Cuban and international musicians.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 1820
- online: 142
- total: 6619917