Cuban singer-songwriter, Silvio Rodríguez, will offer a concert on Sunday, January 19th, in Old Havana’s Saint Francis of Assisi Square to mark the 15th anniversary of Habana Radio station.
The concert is part of a tour of Havana neighborhoods that the musician has taken for three years and is also aimed at celebrating the 55th anniversary of the Cuban Revolution. Guest artists will include singer, Ivette Cepeda, and the band Reflexión.
With more than 20 albums in his 40-year-long career, Rodríguez is currently one of Cuba’s best known musicians on the island and abroad. A founding member of the so called New Song Movement along with Pablo Milanés, Noel Nicola and Vicente Feliú, Rodríguez has shared the stage with renowned Cuban and international musicians.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 1270
- online: 114
- total: 5042434