art and fashion show
Washington, May 15 (RHC) – Art and Fashion, the project which combines the best of Cuban fine arts and creative design thrilled audiences at the Kennedy Center Monday evening.
An avid audience at the Washington based John F. Kenney Center for the Performing Arts’ Melenium Stage gave a standing ovation to the creative dresses and costumes designed by talented Cuban designers Sandra de Huelbes, Ignacio Carmona, Otto Chaviano, Mariela Alemán and Celia Ledón with brushes and colors of renowned artists Adigio Benítez, Alfredo Sosabravo, Manuel Mendive, Roberto Diago and Roberto Fabelo, also from the Caribbean island.
The fashion show is part of Cuba’s Art and Fashion Project and the Art of Cuba Festival currently underway in the US capital until June 3rd. Art and Fashion is an event and project established in 2003 with the aim of combining the best of Cuban fine arts and fashion design.
The Kennedy Center has termed the activity as ‘a show of light and color’ that showcases ‘the national spirit of the Caribbean country’.
Music and fine arts are the protagonists of Tuesday’s program at the prestigious Washington based art institution, including the work of National Fine Art Award Winner, Manuel Mendive, and a performance of the artist with a folk music.
While Mendive finishes one of his pieces, actors take to the stage abstract concepts related to the beginnings of humanity, while several musicians add melody and rhythm to the naturalistic atmosphere created by the artist with the piece.
The Art of Cuba Festival: from the island to the world is underway at the Kennedy Center from May 8th through June 3rd, gathering some 400 artists, musicians, performers and experts from different art forms.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3751
- today: 1089
- online: 121
- total: 5027735