Vocal Luna sings in Africa
Pretoria, July 11 (RHC) -- The female choir Vocal Luna, led by Wilmie Verrier, gave a special concert in Pretoria, South Africa, early this week, with a varied repertoire of sacred music, Cuban songs and a traditional Zulu wedding chant.
The 14 member strong choir is participating in the 10th Choral Games held in Africa for the first time with the attendance of some 300 choirs from more than 60 countries.
After the competition, Vocal Luna will offer a series of presentations sponsored by the Cuban embassy to South Africa to celebrate the centennial of the birth of anti-apartheid leader Nelson Mandela July 18th.
Though the Cuban choral ensemble is making its debut at the competition, it was chosen by organizers among champ choirs which have been awarded in world festival from 2016 to 2018.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3089
- today: 2871
- online: 171
- total: 5643498