The Vietnamese Theater Company Thang Long Water Marionettes is back in Havana for performances at the Cuban National Circus Carpa Trompoloco this weekend, Monday and Tuesday.
This uniquely traditional Vietnamese art form emerged in the 9th century during festivities in the Red River mouth areas, and is recognized as one of the Asian nation’s cultural heritage expressions. The company had successful presentations two years ago in Havana at the same site, where a water pool is the stage and, hidden from viewers, the artists make the marionettes perform by using rods.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- NYT: A Cuban vaccine against COVID-19 is on the brink of an extraordinary scientific achievement
- Power outages and cold temperatures hit millions in Texas as energy companies make huge profits
- Cuba elected vice-chair of the UN Committee on Decolonization
- Cuba reports 824 new Covid-19 infections, three deaths
- Iranian foreign minister says U.S. sanctions inflicted $1 trillion damage on economy