Renowned American a Capella music group Take A will perform in Havana in late September as part of a music festival called Les voix humaines (Human Voices), organized and sponsored by Cuban maestro, Leo Brouwer.
The concert will be held in Havana’s Karl Marx Theater on September 26th as part of a festival that will gather in the Cuban capital important figures of the world’s music scene, including Portuguese singer, Dulce Pontes, Spain’s Mayte Martín, and other singers and performers who have cultivated the classical and popular music repertoire.
Dedicated to world peace and environmental protection, the festival includes two competitions. The organizing committee is summoning a Capella groups and countertenors to compete in their two specialties. Cuban musician, René Baños, director of the Cuban Vocal Sampling a Capella music group and Ubail Zamora, cultural promoter and member of the Camerata Vocale Sine Nomine, made up of countertenors, will preside the jury of the two competitions.
On the other hand, the festival’s programming will include concerts by outstanding international countertenors, including Andreas Sholl from Germany; Rodrigo Ferreira from Brazil-France; Sytse Buwalda from the Netherlands, and Darryl Taylor of the United States, the three latter will also be members of the countertenors competition’s jury.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3174
- today: 1070
- online: 105
- total: 5045408