Guadalajara, February 5 (RHC/Wires) – In the on-going Caribbean Baseball Series in the Mexican city of Guadalajara, Cuba defeated the local Culiacan Tomateros 5-4 on Saturday night, to get its second win in the series and was undefeated on Sunday, after three days of competition.
Cuba's Alazanes de Granma are scheduled to play their next game Monday night, when they take on the Dominican Republic's Aguilas Cibaeñas.
The Mexicans suffered their third loss in the tournament Sunday night against Venezuela. Their only hope now to advance to the semifinals depends on Cuba defeating the Dominican Republic when the two face off Monday night.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4132
- today: 2252
- online: 147
- total: 6745331