Jalisco, February 6 (RHC)-- Cuba lost its undefeated status in the 2018 Caribbean Baseball Series when losing 1-7 on Monday night to the Aguilas Cibaeñas from the Dominican Republic at the Pan American Stadium in the Mexican city of Jalisco, Guadalajara.
Vladimir Baños, Cuba's starting pitcher, earned the loss when allowing one run and four hits, with same amount of strikeouts and two walks in three innings, but relievers Yoalkis Cruz, Yaniel Gonzalez and lefties Leandro Martinez and Luis Gomez did it even worse by surrendering six other runs and 9 hits, including Junior Lake´s two-run homer.
Cuba´s only run was a solo homer by CF Roel Santos, who batted three of the seven hits of his team.
The Dominican squad batted 13 hits and the win went to American starting pitcher Bryan Evans, who allowed one run and five hits, with eight strikeouts and no walks in seven innings.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3635
- today: 465
- online: 111
- total: 5037995