Feb 21, (BBC), -- Great Britain boxing team British Lionhearts suffered a second successive heavy defeat in week six of the World Series of Boxing.
They lost 4-1 to Cuba Domadores in Havana after a 5-0 whitewash by the Russian Boxing Team in Moscow.
Commonwealth Games gold medallist Joe Joyce claimed Britain's only victory, beating Lenier Eunice Pero Justiz in the super heavyweight category.
Joyce's is the first victory over a Cuban fighter in the whole competition.
The result leaves the Lionhearts fifth of eight teams in Group A, headed by the Cubans.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 4687
- online: 151
- total: 6650728