Quito, January 4 (RHC)-- Ecuador’s President Rafael Correa said that he has the constitutional right to participate in the electoral campaign in support of his party’s candidates to the upcoming February 23 regional elections.
I will be fully involved in the campaign with legitimacy and legality to consolidate the victory of the Citizen Revolution, said Correa on Saturday as he responded to a local newspaper, which considered it unethical for the head of state to get involved in the electoral campaign.
Correa, who heads the Alianza Pais Movement, asked the Parliament for a two-day leave without pay to participate in the campaign, which starts on January 7.
During the upcoming electoral process, 11 million 600 registered voters will elect 23 governors, 221 mayors, 1 thousand 305 councilors and other members of local authorities. The vote will count on the participation of dozens of national and international observers from political and electoral entities.
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3594
- today: 2615
- online: 110
- total: 4600516