Quito, January 4 (RHC)-- Ecuador’s President Rafael Correa said that he has the constitutional right to participate in the electoral campaign in support of his party’s candidates to the upcoming February 23 regional elections.
I will be fully involved in the campaign with legitimacy and legality to consolidate the victory of the Citizen Revolution, said Correa on Saturday as he responded to a local newspaper, which considered it unethical for the head of state to get involved in the electoral campaign.
Correa, who heads the Alianza Pais Movement, asked the Parliament for a two-day leave without pay to participate in the campaign, which starts on January 7.
During the upcoming electoral process, 11 million 600 registered voters will elect 23 governors, 221 mayors, 1 thousand 305 councilors and other members of local authorities. The vote will count on the participation of dozens of national and international observers from political and electoral entities.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Municipal Assemblies of People's Power to Hold Special Session on Saturday
- Replica of First Equestrian Statue of José Martí to be Inugurated on January 28th in Havana
- Cuba Receives Award as Safest Country for Tourism at FITUR 2018
- Russian Federation Bestows Friendship Order on Havana's Historian Eusebio Leal
- RHC's Arts Roundup
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4398
- today: 788
- online: 190
- total: 4230360