Quito, January 4 (RHC)-- Ecuador’s President Rafael Correa said that he has the constitutional right to participate in the electoral campaign in support of his party’s candidates to the upcoming February 23 regional elections.
I will be fully involved in the campaign with legitimacy and legality to consolidate the victory of the Citizen Revolution, said Correa on Saturday as he responded to a local newspaper, which considered it unethical for the head of state to get involved in the electoral campaign.
Correa, who heads the Alianza Pais Movement, asked the Parliament for a two-day leave without pay to participate in the campaign, which starts on January 7.
During the upcoming electoral process, 11 million 600 registered voters will elect 23 governors, 221 mayors, 1 thousand 305 councilors and other members of local authorities. The vote will count on the participation of dozens of national and international observers from political and electoral entities.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 1265
- online: 113
- total: 5253815