Vatican, November 26 (RHC)-- Pope Francis said the death of Fidel Castro is 'sad news' and promised to pray for the eternal rest of the Cuban revolutionary leader.
The Vatican bishop sent President Raúl Castro a message of condolences, expressing deep sorrow, as well as his support for Fidel's family, the Cuban government and people for the loss of the Cuban leader.
The Holy Father further advised the Cuban people that in sad times, like this, they should seek comfort in the Virgin of Charity of El Cobre -- Cuba's Patron Saint.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3174
- today: 1068
- online: 105
- total: 5045406