Vatican, November 26 (RHC)-- Pope Francis said the death of Fidel Castro is 'sad news' and promised to pray for the eternal rest of the Cuban revolutionary leader.
The Vatican bishop sent President Raúl Castro a message of condolences, expressing deep sorrow, as well as his support for Fidel's family, the Cuban government and people for the loss of the Cuban leader.
The Holy Father further advised the Cuban people that in sad times, like this, they should seek comfort in the Virgin of Charity of El Cobre -- Cuba's Patron Saint.
- Venezuelan president Nicolás Maduro fulfills busy agenda in Cuba
- Raul Castro expresses full confidence in Miguel Diaz Canel
- Congratulations continue pouring in on election of Miguel Díaz-Canel as Cuba's President
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Miguel Díaz-Canel Bermúdez elected Cuba's New President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3594
- today: 260
- online: 79
- total: 4598161