Dead Sea, March 30 (RHC-Xinhua) -- The United Nations, European Union and leaders of Arab states said Wednesday that there was no alternative to the two-state solution in ending the decade-long conflict between Palestinians and Israelis.
Addressing the 28th Arab Summit in Jordan, UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said: "The two-state solution is the only path to ensure that Palestinians and Israelis can realize their national aspirations and live in peace, security and dignity."
"There is no Plan B," said Guterres. "That is why it is important to stop all unilateral actions that can undermine the two-state solution."
"This is particularly true in relation to the need to stop settlement activities, which are illegal under international law," the UN chief added.
Federica Mogherini, the high representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, agreed that the two-state solution, stressing that no regional power holds the key to peace in the region.
By stressing the two-state solution, Arab officials said an independent Palestinian state must be established with east Jerusalem as its capital, warning of talks by U.S. President Donald Trump to relocate the country's embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4844
- today: 492
- online: 159
- total: 6752717