Washington, August 16 (RHC)-- In the United States, far-right extremist groups are planning a series of protests for this upcoming weekend in at least nine cities: Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Washington, D.C., and in Mountain View, California.
The rallies are being called to protest Google for having fired a white male engineer who authored a sexist manifesto, which he e-mailed to all of his colleagues, in which claimed that women are biologically inferior and less capable of assuming leadership roles in the tech industry. The now-fired engineer has become a hero among far-right extremists.
There are also white supremacist rallies planned for San Francisco and Berkeley, California, later this month. Counter-protests are already being planned.
Meanwhile, Texas A&M University has canceled a planned White Lives Matter rally, which was slated to take place on September 11, amid concerns about the possibility of deadly white supremacist violence.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4940
- today: 4590
- online: 150
- total: 6738823