Defense Lawyers Ask Brazilian Supreme Court to Admit New Evidence to Annul Impeachment of Dilma Rousseff
Brasilia, October 17 (RHC)-- Lawyers of former Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff on Tuesday asked the Federal Supreme Court to admit new evidence toward annulling the political trial against her, which led to her impeachment.
Defense lawyer José Eduardo Cardozo told the press that they would request the top court to include the testimony of Lucio Funaro, an advisor to former president of the Chamber of Deputies Eduardo Cunha, who was convicted on corruption charges.
In the testimony, Funaro claimed that he handed over to Cunha more than 300,000 dollars to buy the vote of other legislators in favor of Dilma's impeachment.
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.20
- Cuban diplomat unmasks US agents before EU Parliament
- Imperialism and Revolution Episode #27
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8346
- today: 7541
- online: 172
- total: 7328093