Former Republican Campaign Aide Says Mike Pence's Wife Finds Donald Trump 'Reprehensible, Totally Vile'
Washington, December 7 (RHC)-- A former campaign aide for U.S. President Donald Trump has said that Vice President Mike Pence's wife finds Trump "reprehensible, totally vile." According to a report published in The Atlantic, both Mike and Karen Pence were surprised when the 2005 "Access Hollywood" tape in which Trump was heard making vulgar comments about women surfaced last year. And now a former campaign aide told the publication that Karen Pence was "disgusted." “She finds him reprehensible -- just totally vile," the former campaign aide added.
This comes as the United States is grappling with a growing list of sexual assault and harassment scandals that rocked the world of entertainment, business and politics.
The former campaign aide also said that after the tape surfaced, Republican Party officials expected that they would be able to get Trump to drop out of the presidential race before the second debate, according to The Atlantic. "Little did they know, he has no shame," the former campaign aide said.
Trump was recorded during a taping for an “Access Hollywood” segment bragging about his ability to grope women because he's "a star." According to The New York Times, Trump has expressed doubt about the authenticity of the video. "Access Hollywood" pushed back on the claim, saying they wanted to make "perfectly clear" that the tape is "very real."
In the hours after the video was revealed in October 2016, then-candidate Trump acknowledged he made the lewd comments, calling it "locker room talk," and apologized. Trump, who himself has been accused of sexual impropriety, also said that he was happy that women are now coming forward accusing lawmakers and media figures, many of whom Democrats, of sexual misconduct.
Others involved in such scandals include Democratic Senator Al Franken, renowned actor Kevin Spacey as well as Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 1303
- online: 115
- total: 5031574