Canadian Prime Minister supports controversial oil pipeline. Photo: Democracy Now
Ottawa, April 20 (RHC)-- In Canada, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is continuing to back the construction of the massive $5.8 billion Trans Mountain pipeline, vowing to commit taxpayer money to the project despite widespread indigenous-led protests and a slew of lawsuits. If built, the Kinder Morgan pipeline would triple the amount of oil flowing from Alberta’s tar sands to the coast of British Columbia.
Kinder Morgan says that if legal challenges are not resolved by May 31st, it will abandon plans to build the proposed pipeline.
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.20
- Cuban diplomat unmasks US agents before EU Parliament
- Imperialism and Revolution Episode #27
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8346
- today: 7700
- online: 203
- total: 7328252